Wildblue Border Collies
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Acquisition of a Wildblue dog constitutes agreement to the following Terms and Conditions of Sale. Our usual prices are $800 pet, $1500 show, and $250 adoption, but may vary.
Purchasing a puppy is a big commitment - it's for life. Our interest in the puppy doesn't stop when you take your puppy home. Each life brought forth from our kennels is a responsibility that never ends, so we can in good conscience sell only to homes that will agree to the following:
1. Deposits and payment are non-refundable for any reason. Upon making a deposit or payment, you agree to these Terms of Sale. Buying a puppy sold for pet price means you agree to never breed the dog, to spay/neuter the dog at appropriate age, and you understand the dog will have Limited Registration with the AKC. We suggest when you have neutering done, consider sterilization without gonad removal, and preferably after one year of age. Breeding from a dog sold as pet quality, including pet and adoption placements, without written permission from Wildblue, is a violation of these Terms of Sale, and penalty will be $5000 fine to be paid immediately to Deanne Veselka, Seller. Buyers who purchase a puppy at show price should understand they are making a commitment to show the dog at AKC shows with the intent to gain his/her AKC Championship title, and may not alter the dog without written permission from the breeder.
2. Buyer accepts the dog as is. No warranties are expressed or implied, beyond our discretionary replacement offer item #6.
3. If the dog cannot be kept - for any reason - it must be returned to Wildblue, with signed registration, and intact if sold as show quality. If you have another home in mind for the dog, we may consider this at our discretion. Transfer of the dog to any other person without written permission from Wildblue is a violation of these Terms of Sale, and penalty will be $5000 fine to be paid immediately to Deanne Veselka, Seller.
4. The dog must receive all recommended immunizations, periodic worming medicine, etc… - whatever your veterinarian advises. The dog must receive any necessary veterinary treatment, whether for accident or illness, routine or emergency. New owner is responsible for all necessary treatment from the moment of transfer, including by payment for an individual puppy, or possession of puppy. Be safe, not sorry - we encourage the purchase of pet insurance.
5. Please let us know if any condition arises that affects the dog's health. All documentation for such claims must be shared with our veterinarian and with us, with final determination made by appropriate recognized authority such as OFA or CERF. This is very important, as we are devoted breeders that must take into consideration any hereditary problems.
6. You agree to have the dog's hips OFA certified at the age of two. Your dog must be tattooed or microchipped by one year of age for permanent identification purposes. We guarantee our puppies to be free of any serious hereditary problems, including specifically hip dysplasia and PRA. We will replace your puppy (this does not mean you have to return your original) with another puppy of similar quality if we receive appropriate (OFA or CERF, for instance) documentation of these problems. Adoption situations do not qualify for replacement. Decisions on qualification for, and specific replacement pup offered, is at our sole and final discretion. Copies of reports regarding potentially heritable health issues such as eye exams or hip x-rays should always be sent to us.
7. The puppy should receive basic obedience training. No matter how you consider yourself as a trainer, all puppies benefit from formal classes. We encourage all our puppy buyers to aspire to passing the AKC Canine Good Citizen test.
8. We request an annual report on the dog with at least one photograph. This can be in the form of a Christmas card with a few general lines, but we want to know where and how the dog is, and it helps us very much to see how each puppy has matured. If you relocate or change your contact information, please let us know your new home address, email, and phone number.
9. All puppies bred by Deanne and Marc Veselka will have Wildblue as the first word in the AKC registered name. Registered name choices must be approved by us in writing. No changes may be made to the dog's registered name without our written consent.
10. The puppy will be raised with love and affection, as a valued member of your family.
11. Any disputes of any nature will be handled local to us at Wildblue. Seller's liability of any sort is limited to the offer of a replacement puppy of similar quality.
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us to discuss them. Please understand, we maintain these requirements with our dogs' best interests in mind.
Once you have discussed your situation and preferences with us, if you would like to reserve a puppy or make payments, we have added this link for your convenience. Please do not make any form of payment before discussion with me, and obtaining permission to make a reservation.